Now I understand why sometime Jamie or Fabien are not blogging much. In fact I spent a couple of days on my Part of Speech Tagger, that should extract relevant keywords from the geolocalised messages left by the users in the STAMPS system.
After a couple of hacks around the POSTagger of the University of Stuttgart, I managed to write my own Python extension (thanks to Shuja and Patrick for the hints).
It doesn’t output much at the moment, or at least the output is not so self evident. However I added some lines in the logger to have some sense of stats:
2005-09-28 18:34:49,625 – main – INFO – — Tagging session started
2005-09-28 18:44:26,705 – main – INFO – The number of messages tagged is: 190
2005-09-28 18:44:26,710 – main – INFO – The number of new tags created is: 282
2005-09-28 18:44:26,710 – main – INFO – The number of messages dumped is: 3
2005-09-28 18:44:26,713 – main – INFO – — Tagging session ended
Tags: hack, information metric, information retrieval, Python